At Owensboro Health, we’re passionate about patient care. Everything we do reflects our mission to heal the sick and improve the health of the communities we serve. Do you share in that passion? Do you want to be part of a vibrant and growing organization? Can you live out our core values? We invite you to explore a career with Owensboro Health.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a current employee of Owensboro Health, you must submit your online application through extra+ (http://extraplus.owensborohealth.org from home) for consideration.
Taking the next step is easy. Just browse through our list of career opportunities and see what might be the right fit for you. Once you find what you’re looking for, select “Apply” and complete the online application. It’s that simple.
We wish you the best as you pursue a career with Owensboro Health!
How To Apply
Create An Account
If you are a first-time applicant, you must create an account prior to submitting an application.
Please note: You will be required to have a valid email address. If you do not already have an email account, you may create a free account from various sources on the internet. For example, www.mail.yahoo.com, www.hotmail.com, www.google.com/mail offer this service. Please be sure you have access to this email account as we will communicate with you primarily via email.
Please be sure to remember the username and password you used to create your account in the application system. Once you have submitted your application, you have the ability to log into your account to:
- Check on the status of your application(s)
- Submit additional applications
- Complete onboarding documents in the event that you are selected for a position
Submitting Multiple Applications
Submitting multiple applications is easy. Once you have submitted an application, simply login using your existing username and password.
By logging in with the username and password you previously created, you will have the ability to apply for additional positions by copying your latest application. Please review to ensure all information on your application is up-to-date, including your availability, contact information, work history, and additional information pertinent to the position for which you are applying.
The system has parameters that do not allow applicants to submit multiple applications for the same position or exceed a given number of active applications. You will receive a notification if you attempt to apply for a position for which you have already applied or if you exceed the maximum number of active applications allowed.
Staff Assessment (Pre-Employment Assessment)
The pre-employment assessment is required as part of the application process. Once you complete the application form(s), you will receive a link to complete the assessment. Your application will not be received until the assessment has been completed. Failure to complete this step of the application will remove you from consideration for the position. The assessment is valid for one year. In the event you apply for other positions within the year time frame, you will receive the link for each position for which you apply, however, when you click on the link the system will recognize you have a valid assessment on file and will allow your application to be submitted.
I’ve Applied – What Now
We appreciate your eagerness, and want you to know – we’re listening! The application and selection process can be lengthy depending on the size of the applicant pool, coordinating schedules for interviews and background checks. Please review our process below so you will have an idea of what’s going on behind the scenes – between your online application and a status update on your application.
- You apply online for an open position and complete the pre-employment assessment.
- Your application goes into a queue for the Recruitment Team in Human Resources (HR) to review.
- If you meet the minimum requirements and are considered one of the top candidates for the position, your application will be sent to the hiring manager for further review.
- If you do not meet the minimum qualifications of the position, you will receive an email notifying you that you are no longer being considered. Managers review the applicant pool to determine if an interview is warranted. They may choose to conduct a round of phone interviews if necessary to determine who will be invited for onsite interviews.
- If you are selected by the hiring manager to continue in the interview process, you will be contacted to schedule an in-person interview at a mutually convenient time.
- In-person interviews are sometimes conducted with a panel or multiple panels of Owensboro Health management and/or peer groups.
- Once the top candidate has been identified, HR begins the pre-employment checks at the request of the hiring manager and final decisions are made.
- When background checks are completed, an offer of employment will be extended to the selected candidate by HR.
- Non-selection e-mails are sent to the remaining application for the position when it is filled.