Physical Therapist - Therapeutic Services
|Schedule: PRN (as needed)
|Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
||Hours: 7:30a - 4p
- Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs. Supervises physical therapy assistants and aides in performing treatment.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Supervises activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Supervises PT & PTA students completing clinical rotations.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of safety and a high reliability organization; behavior supports the organization's core commitments of Integrity, Service, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy required. Master's degree in Physical Therapy preferred.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist (PT) in the state of Kentucky required. Certified as a Basic Life Support(BLS) Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position.
- 0 to 4 years progressive experience in a related field required.
Skills & Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment. Works under minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees. Specific duties and responsibilities consistent with the general nature and level of work described may vary by department and additional related duties may be assigned as needed. Some duties listed may not apply to all areas.
Additional Position Related Details
- Training is provided relevant to the population served, based on scope of care of the service assignment.
Activity & Frequency:
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently
- Climbing - Occasionally
- Keyboard Data Entry - Frequently
- Kneeling - Frequently
- Lifting/Moving Patients - Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 0-25 lbs - Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 25-75 lbs - Occasionally
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - over 75 lbs - Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling - 0-25 lbs - Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling - 25-75 lbs - Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling - over 75 lbs - Frequently
- Reaching - Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements - Frequently
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements - Frequently
- Running - Rarely
- Sitting - Frequently
- Squatting - Frequently
- Standing - Frequently
- Walking - Frequently
- Audible Speech - Frequently
- Hearing Acuity - Frequently
- Smelling Acuity - Never
- Taste Discrimination - Never
- Vision: Depth Perception - Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color - Frequently
- Vision: Seeing - Far - Frequently
- Vision: Seeing - Near - Frequently
- Owensboro Health is committed to providing a safe working environment including training and access to person protective equipment necessary to this position. While performing duties of this position, occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens is present for all employees.