Registered Nurse - Critical Care - Muhlenberg
|Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital
||Hours: 7p - 7a
- Provides direct nursing care by established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Training is provided relevant to the population served, based on of care of the service assignment.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition asappropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with patient/family and members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides education based on age, culture, and willingness to learn.
- Performs job duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of compliance, organization; behavior supports the organization's core commitments of Integrity, Service, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Associate's degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Master's degree in Nursing preferred. Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Master's degree in Nursing required within 5 years of employment in this position.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) required. Eligible to practice nursing in the State of Kentucky required. Certified as a Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required within 30 days of employment in this position. Certified as an Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Healthcare Provider and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required within 1 year of employment within this position.
Skills & Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Department specific competencies for positions are detailed in the unit/department scope of service.
- This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees. Specific duties and responsibilities consistent with the general nature and level of work described may vary by department and additional related duties may be assigned as needed. Some duties listed may not apply to all areas.
Additional Position Related Details
- Training is provided relevant to the population served, based on scope of care of the service assignment.
Activity & Frequency:
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently
- Climbing - Occasionally
- Keyboard Data Entry - Frequently
- Kneeling - Occasionally
- Lifting/Moving Patients - Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 0-25 lbs - Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 25-75 lbs - Rarely
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - over 75 lbs - Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling - 0-25 lbs - Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling - 25-75 lbs - Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling - over 75 lbs - Frequently
- Reaching - Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements - Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements - Frequently
- Running - Occasionally
- Sitting - Occasionally
- Squatting - Frequently
- Standing - Frequently
- Walking - Frequently
- Audible Speech - Frequently
- Hearing Acuity - Frequently
- Smelling Acuity - Occasionally
- Taste Discrimination - Never
- Vision: Depth Perception - Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color - Frequently
- Vision: Seeing - Far - Frequently
- Vision: Seeing - Near - Frequently
- Owensboro Health is committed to providing a safe working environment including training and access to person protective equipment necessary to this position. While performing duties of this position, occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens is present for all employees.