Wound Ostomy Specialist
|Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
||Hours: 8a - 4:30p
- Provides oversight, consultation, research, management and education in a specific clinical area.
- Provides advanced direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Serves as an expert consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development. Contributes to defining, directing and evaluating the nursing care and functions of clinical staff.
- Manages clinical research projects in support of evidence-based practice and disseminates findings while ensuring follow-up is completed.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Coordinates activities and projects to meet organizational and regulatory agency goals and monitors local, state, and federal regulations.
- Maintains awareness of current trends, practice changes and research findings related to program.
- Collects and performs statistical analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of data related to program
- Performs job duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of compliance, safety and a high-reliability organization; behavior supports the organization's core commitments of Integrity, Service, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) required. Eligible to practice nursing in the State of Kentucky required. Certified as a Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (WOCN) required within 1 year of employment in this position. Certified as a Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider preferred.
- 3 to 8 years progressive experience in a related field required.
Skills & Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Requires a strong understanding of concepts, practices, and procedures related to process improvement, human factors, safety principles, and change management.
- This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees. Specific duties and responsibilities consistent with the general nature and level of work described may vary by department and additional related duties may be assigned as needed. Some duties listed may not apply to all areas.
Additional Position Related Details
- Training is provided relevant to the population served, based on scope of care of the service assignment.
Activity & Frequency:
- Bending/Stooping - Occasionally
Climbing - Never
Keyboard Data Entry - Frequently
Kneeling - Occasionally
Lifting/Moving Patients - Occasionally
Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 0-25 lbs - Occasionally
Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 25-75 lbs - Never
Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - over 75 lbs - Never
Pushing/Pulling - 0-25 lbs - Occasionally
Pushing/Pulling - 25-75 lbs - Never
Pushing/Pulling - over 75 lbs - Never
Reaching - Occasionally
Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements - Never
Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements - Frequently
Running - Never
Sitting - Frequently
Squatting - Occasionally
Standing - Frequently
Walking - Frequently
Audible Speech - Frequently
Hearing Acuity - Frequently
Smelling Acuity - Never
Taste Discrimination - Never
Vision: Depth Perception - Frequently
Vision: Distinguish Color - Frequently
Vision: Seeing - Far - Frequently
Vision: Seeing - Near - Frequently
- Owensboro Health is committed to providing a safe working environment including training and access to person protective equipment necessary to this position. While performing duties of this position, occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens is present for all employees.