Why Practice At Owensboro Health
As a physician, you want a professional position that promises dedication to quality, advanced technology, excellence in medicine and commitment to professional growth.
In your off hours, you want to relax in a community that offers a family-friendly lifestyle, excellent schools and plenty of cultural, recreational and entertainment activities. You’ll find the best of both of these worlds as a physician at Owensboro Health in Owensboro, Kentucky.
See Yourself Here
Owensboro Health reaches an 14-county area, serving nearly 300,000 in western Kentucky and southern Indiana. With a centrally located hospital housing more than 30 specialties, six freestanding medical clinics, three outpatient imaging facilities and the HealthPark, a 110,000 square foot medically-based health and fitness center, Owensboro Health offers regional patients multiple ways to access and benefit from advanced care.
In addition, Owensboro Health is the only hospital in the Owensboro Health, meaning physicians make rounds in one place.
Counties In The Owensboro Health Service Area
By The Numbers
June 1, 2015 - May 31, 2016
|Licensed to Operate (beds)
|Total Surgical Procedures
|Emergency Department Visits
|Convenient Care Visits
|Total Outpatient Visits
|daVinci™ Surgery Procedures
|Hip and Knee Replacements
|Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging
|Inpatient Diagnostic Imaging
|Lab Tests (Inpatient and Outpatient)
*Includes 30 Transitional Care Beds
Featured Services & Specialties
At Owensboro Health you’ll have access to state-of-the-art technology and more than 30 specialties to provide the best in diagnostics and treatment for your patients.
- 15-bed coronary care unit
- Facilities include open heart surgical suite, two di Vinci™ surgical suites, three cardiac catheterization labs and a vascular lab
- The Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center, dedicated to cancer care
- Image-guided radiation therapy (Varian Linear Accelerator with On-Board Imager)
- Radio surgery (Varian Trilogy™ System)
- Numerous treatments including brachytherapy, radiofrequency ablation and MammoSite® therapy
- 30-bed neuroscience unit
- Diagnostic technology such as brain mapping, computerized stereotactic brain biopsy and intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring
- New Life Birthing Center with private labor and delivery suites
- Newly expanded nursery and NICU
- Comprehensive women’s surgery unit
- Modern 10-bed Joint Replacement Center
- Emergency Medicine Excellence Award 2011
- 33 beds in a 28,000 square foot facility
- Rapid Medical Evaluation™ program
- 63,000 visits a year
- da Vinci™ surgical suite
- Siemens Artis Zeego Multi-Axis System
- Three outpatient facilities and a full-service inpatient department
- Latest technology including 3T and Open MRI, CAT, PET/CT
- Nuclear medicine
- CT angiography
- Breast MR
- Full service clinical library
Partnerships & Research
At Owensboro Health we strive to arm ourselves with the most advanced expertise and support to accomplish community wellness. That’s why we partner with several regional facilities that are nationally recognized in the areas of cardiology, surgery, medical education and cancer related clinical trials, research, treatments and therapies.
Owensboro Health has an association with the University of Louisville’s James Graham Brown Cancer Center providing opportunities for clinical trials and research. The Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center Affiliation Network of Nashville also offers Owensboro Health patients access to the latest in cancer treatments, therapies and clinical trials.
Children’s Medicine & Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Owensboro Health’s partnership with the University of Louisville Healthcare and Norton Children’s Hospital allows for additional treatment and training opportunities
Owensboro Health has nursing education partnerships with Murray State University, Henderson Community College, Owensboro Community and Technical College, Western Kentucky University and the University of Louisville.
A Great Place To Call Home
Working at Owensboro Health means you’ll be living in one of the premier cities in the Midwest. A low cost of living, low crime rate, a high quality of living, a wide variety of housing options and even a new Riverfront development project make Owensboro an enviable place to live. Owensboro is well known as a place with a friendly small town feel coupled with amenities found in larger cities. From the visual and performing arts to community celebrations and festivals, Owensboro is a gem and recognized as such. In 2007, Expansion Management Magazine named Owensboro a Five Star Quality of Life winner.
Arts & Entertainment
Festivals & Celebrations
- Home of the international Barbecue Festival
- Bluegrass Music Festival
- More than 20 other festivals a year
- Two award-winning public school systems
- Excellent Catholic schools
- Four private Christian schools
- Montessori school, K-12
- An exceptional high school graduation rate of 93 percent
- Home to Brescia University, Kentucky Wesleyan College, a Western Kentucky University extended campus and Owensboro Community and Technical College