Harvest Market at Owensboro Health
We invite you to visit the Harvest Market, a joint venture between Owensboro Health and the Owensboro Regional Farmers' Market. The Harvest Market will visit the Pleasant Valley Campus every Tuesday through Sept. 2nd from 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
The Harvest Market is also an opportunity to learn and grow as a person and a consumer. It’s a place to not just find familiar food items, but to learn about and try new foods that offer whole new adventures. That’s why we’re also bringing experts to the Harvest Market, giving them a chance to teach and demonstrate.
A Harvest of Health!
"Harvest Market is one way Owensboro Health is building healthier kids and a healthier region. We hope to see you and your family at our Back to School Wellness event on August 5th!"- Philip Patterson President & CEO
Owensboro Health’s mission is to heal the sick and to improve the health of the communities we serve. Healing the sick is only part of our mission, and that’s why we’re working to improve health for everyone in the years to come. To that end, we’re helping people learn how to eat, exercise and live well. The Harvest Market is an example of this effort.
What is happening this Tuesday? (July 29th)
- Variety of recipes
- "Eating Lifestyle Patterns" mini-quiz
- Information about the Healthpark Anniversary Run
- Humana Vitality to help employees with their accounts, questions, setup, etc.
Every Tuesday vendors will be offering a variety of homegrown and homemade items such as:
- Fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Fresh flowers and herbs
- Recipe handouts
- Local honey, jams, baked goods, juices, cheeses, dairy products
- Handmade crafts
On the first Tuesday of every month additional activities will be planned such as:
- Free health screenings, health information
- Cooking & smoothie demonstrations, vegan / gluten free cooking tips
- Live music
- Local art
- Gardening tips
- Canning, food storage, preservation tips