Quality Care You Can Trust
Top 5 Percent for Clinical Excellence
For the fifth straight year, HealthGrades has named Owensboro Health a Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence™, continuing to place our hospital among the top 5 percent in the nation for clinical performance.
Owensboro Health is proud of its high ranking by HealthGrades, a leading health care ratings firm. HealthGrades rankings recognize the efforts we’ve made to deliver not just quality, but ever-improving quality care for all patients. Our HealthGrades rankings help our patients feel comfortable knowing our quality accomplishments, and help recognize our nurses, doctors and staff who’ve worked hard to achieve this goal.
HealthGrades Quality Awards
Owensboro Health has received the following HealthGrades Quality Awards:
- One of America's Best 100 Best Hospitals (2013)
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
- Emergency Medicine Excellence Award 2012, 2011
- Women’s Health Excellence Award 2011, 2010/2011
- Critical Care Excellence Award™ 2013, 2012, 2011
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Stroke Care Excellence Award™2013, 2012
- Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ 2012
HealthGrades Quality Five-Star Ratings
Our five-star ratings were determined in a report by HealthGrades, a leading provider of information to help consumers make informed healthcare decisions. The report, American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2013: Healthgrades Report to the Nation, ranks 18 common procedures and diagnoses (such as heart bypass surgery, stroke and pneumonia) and assigns a one, three or five-star ranking to each procedure or diagnosis.
Owensboro Health has received the following Five-Star ratings:
- Five-Star Recipient for Cardiology Services for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 4 Years in a Row (2010-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Overall Critical Care for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 7 Years in a Row (2007-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 6 Years in a Row (2008-2013)
- Five-Star Rated for Emergency Medicine in 2011
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- Five-Star Rated for Treatment of Stroke for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Back and Neck Surgery (except Spinal Fusion) for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Overall Pulmonary Services for 4 Years in a Row (2010-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for 4 Years in a Row (2010-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 6 Years in a Row (2008-2013)
- Five-Star Rated for Women's Health for 2 Years in a Row (2010/2011-2011)
Healthgrades found that patients have a 75 percent lower risk of dying when treated at a hospital receiving 5 stars than if they were treated at a hospital receiving 1 star. Healthgrades also found that 235,378 lives could have been saved from 2009 through 2011 if all hospitals performed at a five-star level.
For more information, see www.healthgrades.com.