Quality In Terms of Numbers
At Owensboro Health, we’re continually assessing our processes and standards to further enhance the quality care offered to every patient we see.
What Quality Means to Owensboro Health
“Quality from the hospital perspective and the standpoint that we’re approaching it is the safety of our patients and quality of care provided to our patients.”
- Dr. Jeff Barber, Owensboro Health President and CEO
By the Numbers
Owensboro Health Awards
Owensboro Health Outcomes
- In emergencies, the Owensboro Health Cath Lab team arrives in the hospital within 30 minutes or less, making Owensboro Health a leader in heart attack response.
- Our “door to balloon times” are below national averages. (“Door to balloon” is the time it takes from a patient’s arrival in the Emergency Department until the heart attack is stopped with balloon angioplasty). Patients at Owensboro Health receive treatment in an average of just 61 minutes, compared to the 90-minute standard established by the American College of Cardiologists and the American Heart Association.
- Owensboro Health performed 263 open-heart procedures in one year’s time—experience you can count on for best outcomes.
- Only 18 percent of patients arriving at Owensboro Health's Emergency Room are admitted to the hospital, while 82 percent are discharged after treatment.
- Of the patients who visit the Owensboro Health Emergency Department, 97 percent stay at Owensboro Health for their total care.
Owensboro Health reaches an 11-county area, serving nearly 300,000 in western Kentucky and southern Indiana. With a centrally located hospital housing more than 30 specialties, six freestanding medical clinics, three outpatient imaging facilities and the HealthPark, a 110,000 square foot medically-based health and fitness center, Owensboro Health offers regional patients multiple ways to access advanced care.
Counties in the Owensboro Health Service Area
Owensboro Health Service Area
View our Organizational Profile for more Owensboro Health-specific facts and numbers.