Get Movin' Contest Details
Get Movin' is sponsored by Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce, the Owensboro Messenger-Inquirer, the Cromwell Radio Group and OMHS.
How to Get Movin'
New Scoring System Added for 2014
As in the past, your team will continue to log minutes and receive a daily average.
What's new is that you will earn points for where you rank each week—one point for each team you beat!
Finish ahead of seven teams in Week 1? You earn seven points! Then start again in Week 2! Each week is a new contest, and the team with the most points at the end of 10 weeks wins!
We think this will make the contest more fun for everyone and better reward a team's improvement during the contest.
Select a Captain
- Organize and register the team
- Collect, tally and submit minutes to the website each week
- Serve as the point of contact for your team
Register Your Team
- Teams must be 2-10 people.
- Select a category and team name
- Register here between Dec. 9 - Jan. 5
TIP: Clever team names are part of the fun, but use good taste. If you win, your team name will be published!
To win team prizes, everyone on your team must complete an assessment—both at the beginning and the end of the contest. Each team member should call 1-800-811-9162 to schedule.
- Take about 5 minutes
- Are conducted at the Healthpark. See the schedule.
- Measure weight, blood pressure, heart rate, flexibility and level of physical activity.
Individual prizes are awarded for improvement in health stats.
Contest is Jan. 6 - March 1410 weeks
NEW! WEEKLY POINT SYSTEM ADDS TO THE FUN
- Exercise as much as you can each week.
- For the contest, record only cardio exercise.
- Captain collects, totals team minutes each week.
- Captain submits weekly minutes online.
- Team average is posted each Wednesday.
Each week, your team will earn one point for each team you beat in your category. So, if your average is higher than 13 teams, you will earn 13 points. At the end of 10 weeks, the team with the most points wins!
Log Minutes Here
- A "week" is Monday-Sunday.
- Captains, submit your team's TOTAL minutes by the following Wednesday.
- Standings are updated Wednesday afternoon.
Team and individual winners will be recognized at a special awards ceremony in April.
What counts as exercise?
All types of exercise are important, but in this contest, we are specifically targeting cardiovascular health, so count only your cardio exercise. This can vary broadly, and can include walking, jogging, running, biking, swimming, aerobics and other activities.
Got questions? Call (270) 688-5433 or email Tony Mattingly.