Employee Blood Drive
About every sixty days, Owensboro Health employees have the opportunity to participate in a community blood drive conducted by Western Kentucky Regional Blood Center.
Every other month, the bloodmobile visits both the hospital and the business center campuses to collect blood from employees who wish to volunteer. Donors usually:
- Receive a t-shirt
- Are honored with a $5 donation to the Owensboro Health Hope Fund, which helps employees in financial need
- At least 17 years old (or 16 with consent)
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Must check medications with center staff
- Should have eaten a good meal prior to donation
- Must allow 56 days between donations
For more information about the employee blood drive, email Gordon Wilkerson or call (270) 685-7194. Employees are also invited to visit the bloodmobile and ask questions of the staff.