(Formerly the Bone & Joint Center)
Owensboro Health is the official sports provider for the KWC athletic program.
If you are having orthopedic problems, Owensboro Health Orthopedics is ready to treat you. We are serious about getting you back to the life you enjoy.
- Is that shoulder still nagging you?
- Still feeling that knee injury from the weekend softball game?
- Arthritis keeping you out of the garden?
- Thinking about hip replacement?
Owensboro Health Orthopedics specializes in helping patients improve their quality of life and participate in physical activity. Treatments offered at the center include wide-ranging orthopedic care, such as:
- Solutions for arthritis pain
- Joint replacement
- Sports injuries
Direct Anterior Hip Surgery
Dr. McBride specializes in direct anterior hip replacement surgery, where the patient’s hip joint is accessed from the front of the body, instead of the traditional backside approach. The direct anterior method allows the hip to be replaced without detaching muscle from the pelvis or thigh bone and offers a number of advantages for patients when compared to conventional surgery:
- Average hospital stay of 2 to 4 days, rather than 3 to 10 days
- A smaller incision—4 to 5 inches instead of 10 to 12 inches
- Less disturbance to muscles, reducing recovery time to 2 to 8 weeks instead of 2 to 4 months
- Reduced pain, less blood loss and quicker return to normal activities
“Direct anterior hip surgery allows us to work through the body’s natural space between the muscles,” says Dr. McBride. “It leaves the most essential muscles for hip function undisturbed and, therefore, leads to quicker recovery after surgery.”
Location and Hours
Owensboro Health Orthopedics is now accepting patients.
1000 Breckenridge St., Suite 302
Owensboro, KY 42303
Bill Buck (right) is the clinic manager.