Chinese Medical Delegation To Visit Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
A group of physicians and administrators will visit Owensboro Health Regional Hospital this week, touring the facility and sharing insight into Traditional Chinese Medicine.
On December 1, a delegation from the Xiyuan Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine will tour Owensboro Health Regional Hospital. Several of the visiting physicians will share presentations and the event will be followed by a reception. The visit is being coordinated in partnership with the Confucius Institute at Western Kentucky University.
According to the National Institutes of Health, Traditional Chinese Medicine is a field that traces its origins back thousands of years. Modern applications of this field include acupuncture, herbal and dietary therapies, and use of exercise and therapeutic massage.
The presentations from the delegates will take place beginning at 5 p.m. in the auditorium of the Pleasant Valley Center (the medical office building adjacent to Owensboro Health Regional Hospital). The schedule is as follows:
- 5 p.m. – Introduction of Xiyuan Hospital – Liu Jie
- 5:05 p.m. – Magic Nonpharmacologic Therapy of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Dr. Xiao Jing
- 5:25 p.m. – An Introduction to Modern Acupuncture Technique in Clinical Trials: Acupuncture for Migraine and Allergic Rhinitis – Dr. Zhang Lu
- 5:45 p.m. – Implications for Traditional Chinese Medicine for Future Medical Innovation – Dr. Xu Hao
- 6:05 p.m. – Reception in MOB Meeting Rooms 1 and 2
Vice President of Governmental, Community and Legislative Affairs Steve Johnson said Owensboro Health welcomes the opportunity to host this delegation and learn about the practice of medicine from a different perspective.
“The core commitments of Owensboro Health include teamwork, respect, and innovation. What better way to embody those commitments than through this unique international cultural exchange and educational partnership?” Johnson said.
For more information on the visit, email Erica.Wade@owensborohealth.org.