Owensboro Health Home Care provides nursing care, physical, occupational and speech therapy, assistance with personal care, and services of a medical social worker to patients in Daviess, McLean, Ohio and Hancock counties.
A physician’s order is required to provide home care services but a referral can be made by anyone. Owensboro Health Home Care specializes in improving patient’s outcomes to allow them to return to their optimal state of health while they enjoy the comfort and security of their own home.
Specialized Care for...
• Heart patients – chronic heart disease as well as post-op care of open heart surgery patients
• Those managing chronic respiratory problems
• Individuals recovering from joint replacements, illness resulting in a weakness or who have difficulty walking
• Patients in need of speech, physical or occupational therapy after an illness such as stroke or other neurological disease
• Patients in need of daily monitoring – our HomMed monitor allows the vital signs to be transmitted daily to an RN in the Home Care office
• Persons coping with diabetes
• Individuals in need of IV therapy
• Fall prevention education / therapy / home safety
• Assistance in obtaining appropriate and available community resources, dealing with financial concerns, and other issues
Our Professional Caregivers
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nurse Assistants
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Social Workers
Nurses and therapists use laptops in patients' homes for “real time” data entry and the ability to access patient data while out of the Home Care office.
Lifeline Personal Response Services allows you to live at home independently while maintaining a link to emergency assistance with the push of a button. Lifeline operates in conjunction with your home telephone service twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Lifeline services are available to residents of Daviess, Hancock, McLean, and Ohio counties in Kentucky as well as Perry and Spencer counties in Indiana.
Owensboro Health Home Care is the area's exclusive provider of the HomMed home monitoring system. HomMed monitors a patient’s vital signs, weight, and oxygen saturation on a daily basis and transmits the data to the Home Care office. Registered nurses monitor this data in the office and take appropriate actions as needed.
This technology has been effective in decreasing Emergency Room visits and re-hospitalization, as it prompts early intervention to a change in the patient's condition.
In the most recent survey by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Owensboro Health Home Care saw numbers that were better than the national and state averages in nearly every category. Scores are based on feedback from Home Care patients.
Read the story in the Extra newsletter.
Compare scores with other home care providers.
To make a referral to Home Care, call (270) 688-2182.