Quality Heart Care You Can Trust
At Owensboro Health, quality care is our primary focus. We are proud to be rated in the top 5 percent of hospitals in the nation for clinical performance by HealthGrades, a leading provider of comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals, yet we continually strive to further improve the quality of our care.
Every Second Counts
New television commercial shows that, when it comes to heart care, quality matters.
Our heart care services are nationally recognized. Owensboro Health has received the following heart-related designations and awards from HealthGrades:
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award™ in 2012
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Ranked #2 in KY for Overall Cardiac Services in 2013
- Ranked #1 in KY for Cardiology Services for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in KY for Overall Cardiac Services for 5 Years in a Row (2009-2013) (Ranked 2 in 2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Cardiology Services for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 4 Years in a Row (2010-2013)
From our perspective, improving quality means getting patients back to their lives sooner and with fewer complications. We continually adopt the latest and best practices for heart disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation – including advanced technologies and innovative techniques for improved outcomes.
Owensboro Health Outcomes
Our comprehensive care team of medical experts uses advanced procedures and technologies, with impressive outcomes. For instance:
- In emergencies, the Owensboro Health Cath Lab team arrives in the hospital within 30 minutes or less, making Owensboro Health a leader in heart attack response.
- Our “door to balloon times” are below national averages. (“Door to balloon” is the time it takes from a patient’s arrival in the Emergency Department until the heart attack is stopped with balloon angioplasty). Patients at Owensboro Health receive treatment in an average of just 61 minutes, compared to the 90-minute standard established by the American College of Cardiologists and the American Heart Association.
- Owensboro Health performed 263 open-heart procedures in one year’s time—experience you can count on for best outcomes.
- Last year (2012), 97% of congestive heart failure patients at Owensboro Health received what we call "perfect care." This means that out of 552 CHF patients, 538 received all of the treatment measures they were eligible for by diagnosis. We feel this is an excellent number, but we are working every day to raise it even higher. Our Quality department analyzes patient treatment records to determine this number and reports it to both Joint Commission and to Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Last year (October 2011-September 2012), 95% of heart attack patients (acute myocardial infarction) received "perfect care" at Owensboro Health.
Owensboro Health Community Services and Clinics
To support and improve community health Owensboro Health continues to expand health care services in our community. This additional heart-focused location enables more patients to access preventative care and health information conveniently.
- Green River Heart offers expertise and treatment to reduce heart disease, the No. 1 cause of death in men and women. Green River Health is a long-standing provider of high-quality preventive, medical and rehabilitative heart services.
- HealthPark offers outpatient diagnostic capabilities, outpatient therapy, a medical-based health and fitness center, a health resource center and a chapel. Specific heart services include:
- Community screenings (Lipid profile, hemoglobin, A1C)
- Staying in Range Series – education on Plavix and other blood thinners
- Diabetes education
- Fitness classes
- Guest speakers throughout the year
Learn more about our quality focus at Owensboro Health.