Grief and Suicide Resources
We maintain an extensive library of spiritual resources to help patients gain perspective on what they may be facing. Books, audio and video materials, and other resources are available to patients and families. Call 417-2100.
We also recommend a number of Internet resources and community groups where you can find support and encouragement.
These organizations and churches offer grief programs and support groups. Call for program information and meeting times.
Compassionate Friends Support Group
For parents who have lost a child of any age. Meetings held on the 4th Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the HealthPark Chapel Conference Room. Email Jean Julius or call (270) 688-4856.
Diocese of Owensboro/Pastoral Center
Call (270) 683-1545.
Hospice of Western Kentucky
Free bereavement counseling. Contact Wayne Boarman, (270) 926-7565.
Owensboro Health Pastoral Care
Call (270) 417-2100.
St. Anthony's Hospice, Henderson
Call (270) 826-2326
Walnut Memorial Baptist Church
Call (270) 684-7234.
Wesleyan Heights United Methodist Church
Call (270) 684-5573.
During this time of transition, our staff chaplains are available to speak with you concerning your loss. Call (270) 417-2100.
For anyone experiencing an emergency
- 24-hour Crisis HotLine
- Local crisis line
- Survivors of Suicide; a support group for families and others affected by suicide. 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:30pm @ 311 Bolivar Street – Contact Fran Evans 302-0717
- Bob Robey, Coordinator Suicide Survivor Support Team, Owensboro 270-276-5531
- Owensboro Health Pastoral Care – 417-2100
- Healing After the Suicide of a Loved One by Ann Smolin and John Guinan, New York, Simon & Schuster, 1993
- No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving the Suicide of a Loved One by Carla Fine, New York, Doubleday, 1997.
- After Suicide by John H. Hewitt, Philadelphia-Westminster 1980