Our Top National Rankings
For six years in a row (2009-2014), Owensboro Health has been ranked in the top 5 percent for clinical excellence by healthgrades®, a leading healthcare rating firm. More recently Owensboro Health Regional Hospital was named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals by healthgrades® (2013-2014).
Quality In Terms Of Numbers
At Owensboro Health, we’re continually assessing our processes and standards to further enhance the quality care offered to every patient we see.
By The Numbers
Owensboro Health Awards
For five years in a row (2009-2013), Owensboro Health has been ranked in the top 5 percent for clinical excellence by healthgrades®, a leading healthcare rating firm.
View our list of healthgrades® rankings and awards.
Owensboro Health Outcomes
- In emergencies, the Owensboro Health Cath Lab team arrives in the hospital within 30 minutes or less, making Owensboro Health a leader in Heart Attack response.
- Our “door to balloon times” are below national averages. (“Door to balloon” is the time it takes from a patient’s arrival in the Emergency Department until the heart attack is stopped with Balloon Angioplasty). Patients at Owensboro Health receive treatment in an average of just 61 minutes, compared to the 90-minute standard established by the American College of Cardiologists and the American Heart Association.
- Owensboro Health performed 215 open-heart procedures in one year’s time—experience you can count on for best outcomes.
- Only 18 percent of patients arriving at Owensboro Health's Emergency Department are admitted to the hospital, while 82 percent are discharged after treatment.
- Of the patients who visit the Owensboro Health Emergency Department, 97 percent stay at Owensboro Health for their total care.
Owensboro Health reaches a 14-county area, serving nearly 300,000 in western Kentucky and southern Indiana. With a centrally located hospital housing more than 30 specialties, 11 freestanding medical clinics, three outpatient imaging facilities and the Healthpark, a 110,000 square foot medically-based health and fitness center, Owensboro Health offers regional patients multiple ways to access advanced care.
Counties in the Owensboro Health Service Area
For more Owensboro Health-specific facts and numbers view our Organizational Profile.
Extending Quality To Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
Patients. Nurses. Providers. Families. All working in tandem under one roof and for one cause. Quality patient care is the No. 1 priority at Owensboro Health. Our hospital is specifically designed to support this mission. Innovative ideas, sophisticated technology and future possibilities are all part of the new hospital plan.
Medical services can vary greatly from one to another, but patients consistently benefit from quality care. Learn more about quality that you can trust in our departments.