Diagnostic Services are the first step in identifying a potential heart condition. The earlier you’re diagnosed, the sooner you’ll be on your way to treatment, rehabilitation and wellness. This means you can get back to doing what means the most to you.
At Owensboro Health, we offer the latest technology, techniques and equipment to determine if your heart is working the way it should.
For more information about our Diagnostic Services or to schedule an appointment call 855-417-8555.
Learn more about Heart Care at Owensboro Health.
Diagnostic Services Include
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Scoring using a variety of screening exams to calculate a patient's risk of Heart Disease
- Carotid Artery Ultrasound
- Diagnostic Telemetry to keep a patient's radiologist in contact with the Owensboro Health Heart staff at all times
- Echocardiography that records the heart’s electrical voltage for screening and diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases. Our EKG machines use specialized software to allow for gender-specific interpretations.
- Electrophysiology studies (EP) to detect abnormal heart tissue that causes Arrhythmia (Irregular Heart Rate). Therapies include temporary and permanent Pacemaker Placement and Automatic Defibrillator Implementation.
- Event Monitoring
- Holter Monitoring to detect abnormal heart rhythms during a 24-hour period
- Implantable Cardiac Monitor
- Intravascular Coronary Ultrasound
- Mobile Cardiac Outpatient Telemetry
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Nuclear Cardiac Imaging (flow study) to evaluate how well blood flows to the heart muscle
- Patient-Activated Event Recording using a device worn by patients for one to four weeks to record symptoms
- Peripheral Vascular Arterial Test
- Remote Monitoring of Pacemakers and Defibrillators
- Renal Ultrasound
- Stress Test
- Tilt Table Test
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE), a special type of imaging test that uses high frequency sound waves to monitor heart function
- Treadmill Stress Testing to assess the performance of a patient's Cardiovascular System