Express Admission & Observation Unit
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital is excited to announce our plans to open an Express Admission & Observation Unit (EAOBS).
Express Admission Units are designed to act as a buffer between the Emergency Department, patients admitted directly from provider offices, and medical/surgical units. Rather than asking patients to wait in the Emergency Department or elsewhere, patients will come to the Express Admission unit to begin the admission process.
- 10 beds staffed with 3 nurses & dedicated transporter
- Opening 11a-11p, with plans to open 24/7
- Express Admission positions available:
- 11a-11p RN (full-time or part-time)
- 11a-11p RN Weekend Option (full-time or part-time)
- 11p-11a RN (full-time or part-time)
- 11p-11a RN Weekend Option (full-time or part-time)
- If you are a nurse who is passionate about patient care, maintains a positive attitude, willing to learn, team oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment – we want you! One year clinical experience preferred.
Observation Units provide services to determine whether the patient will require further treatment as a hospital inpatient or if they are able to be discharged from the hospital.
- 14 beds staffed with nurses and nurse assistants
- Dedicated Case Management helping facilitate the flow of patients to and from the unit resulting in shorter length of stays for patients
- Observation Unit positions available include RN and Nursing Assistants, both full-time and part-time. Weekend Option positions are available for RNs.
- Looking for: nurses excited and willing to learn, team oriented, thrive in a fast-paced environment – we want you!!