Fawad Bilal, MD, FACNS
Specializing in Neurohospitalist Neurology
Accepting new patients
Affiliation: Owensboro Health
Dr. Bilal is originally from Pakistan and earned his medical degree at Quaid-e-Azam Medical College. He then worked as a research associate in neurology at the State University of New York in Buffalo and completed his internship and residency at the University of Louisville School of Medicine. He also has completed a fellowship in clinical neurophysiology and electroencephalogram (EEG) at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pennsylvania. Dr. Bilal is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology as well as by the American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology (ABCN) in specialty of Neurology with subspecialty certification in Epilepsy, Critical Care EEG Monitoring and Advanced Central Clinical Neurophysiology.
Education & Training
- Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Medical School
- University of Louisville, School of Medicine, Neurology
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Clinical Neurophysiology-EEG
- University of Louisville School of Medicine, Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Epilepsy
- American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology, Critical Care EEG Monitoring
- American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology, Clinical Neurophysiology
- Fellow of American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (FACNS)
- MF Bilal, N Mittal, N Zaher, V Rajasekaran, M Richardson, A Bagic, A UrbanDrug resistant gelastic seizures successfully treated with MRI-guided laser interstitial thermotherapy in patient with Pallister-Hall syndrome- case report (poster presentation at 72nd American Epilepsy Society meeting Dec 2018)
- N Mittal, MF Bilal, N Zaher, V Raajasekaran, A Bagic, M Richardson, A urban Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy in adult patients with hypothalamic hamartoma and long standing gelastic seizures (poster presentation at 72nd American Epilepsy Society meeting Dec 2018)
- Bilal M, Urban A, Robinson J, Bilal M, Zaher N, Yassin A, Antony A, Ghearing G, Richardson M, Pan J, Mettenburg J, Bagic A. Detecting MRI brain undiagnosed findings - the role of multidisciplinary epilepsy conference-article in press. Presented at 31st International Congress of Clinical Neurophysiology, May 2018, Washington DC.
- Urban A, Robinson J, Bilal M, Zaher N, Yassin A, Antony A, Ghearing G, Richardson M, Pan J, Mettenburg J, Bagic A. Detecting subtle MRI brain lesions during multidisciplinary epilepsy Conference-article in press. Presented at American Epilepsy Society meeting 2017, Washington DC
- Muhammad Bilal, Svetlana Famina, Miles Evans. Could rash be an ictal phenomenon in temporal lobe epilepsy. Poster presented at 142nd Annual American Neurological Association Meeting, San Diego, CA, Oct 2017
- Pankaj Sharma MD, Varun Chaubal MD, Otite O Fadar MD, Muhammad F Bilal MD, Wei Liu MD. Thrombolytic therapy in acute ischemic stroke patients with pending coagulation panel. Presented at 9th Annual Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN), NY Nov 2016
- Muhammad F Bilal, Chike Ilorah, Tapan Abrol, Gaurav Dighe, Elizabeth Wise, Kari Moore, Kerri Remmel, Wei Liu. A case of Hashimoto'ʹs encephalopathy mimicking acute ischemic stroke with large vessel occlusion. Oral poster presented at the 8th Annual Mayo clinic cerebrovascular symposium, Florida Sep. 2016
- Tapan Abrol, Zeeshan Hussain, Varun Chaubal, Gaurav Dighe, Muhammad F Bilal, Elizabeth Wise, Kari Moore, Ann Jerde, Laura Bystrek, Micheal J Wilder, Jignesh J Shah, Kerri Remmel, Wei Liu. Thrombolysis Is Safe In The Nonagenarians With Acute Ischemic Stroke. Presented at International Stroke Conference, CA Feb 2016
- Gaurav P Dighe, Arooshi Kumar, Muhammad F Bilal, Tapan Abrol, Kari Moore, Elizabeth Wise, Ann Jerde, Laura Bystrek, Jignesh J Shah, Michael J Wilder, Kerri Remmel, Wei Liu. Stroke mimics in drip and ship thrombolytic therapy. Oral poster presented at International Stroke Conference, CA Feb 2016
- Chaudhary M, Bilal MF, Du W, Rajpurkar M, Chu R, McGrath E. Impact of Ethanol Lock Therapy on Length of Stay and Salvage Rates in Pediatric Catheter Associated Bloodstream Infection in Hematology/Oncology BMT Patients. PUBMED ID: 24807976. Clin Pediatr 2014 Oct 7;53(11):1069-76.
- Novreen Shahdad, Muhammad F Bilal, Barbara Teter, Arie Weinstock Photic induced seizures and Photoparoxysmal Response (PPR). Poster presented at American Epilepsy Society, Washington DC 2013
- Rajesh Gupta, Muhammad F Bilal, Reza Samie. A case of cerebral syphilitic gumma presenting as ring enhancing lesion. Poster presented at 65th American Academy of Neurology, San Diego, March 2013
- Ayesha N Zia, MD, Muhammad F Bilal, MD, Madhvi Rajpurkar, MD, Meera B. Chitlur, MD, Michael Callaghan, MD and Jeanne M. Lusher, MD. The Utility of Thromboelastography As a Screening Test for Bleeding Disorders. Blood Journal 2011 118:4352.
- Kashif Hussain, Muhammad F Bilal, Hemal Patel, Anil K. Vegesna, Matthew J. Kissel, Kian Makipour, Qing Dai, Larry S. Miller* Assessment of mucosal movements in Gastroesophageal Junction High Pressure Zone(GEJHPZ) during swallowing using simultaneous endoluminal USG and manometry in healthy volunteers and in patients with GERD. American Gastrointestinal Meeting, Chicago 2011