Dr. Mathew is a well-respected cardiologist who has practiced at our hospital for many years.
Dr. Mathew specializes in both invasive and non-invasive diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular, vascular, peripheral vascular and structural heart diseases.
Education & Training
- Kasturba Medical College (Manipal, Karnataka, India), Medical School, 1993
- The Catholic Medical Center of Brooklyn & Queens, Inc. of Albert Einstein College of Medicine (New York, NY), 1998
- The Lahey Clinic (Boston, MA), Interventional Cardiology, 2002
- The Catholic Medical Center of Brooklyn & Queens, Inc. of Albert Einstein College of Medicine (New York, NY), 1996
Honors, Awards, etc.
His professional credentials include fellowships with the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, the American College of Cardiology and the American College of Physicians.
American Board of Internal Medicine, 1998
Special Qualification in Cardiovascular Disease, 2002
- Clinical trials
- Pioneered new procedures such as non-surgical patent foramen ovale (PFO) closures to reduce risk for stroke