The Healthpark health promotion team works every day to promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and to teach people ways to prevent disease. Our programs and services extend into the community. Here is a look at some of the things we do.
EAP Assistance & Counseling
Healthpark Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services are provided by Master’s prepared and licensed therapists for an individual, family, marital and group counseling. We provide the community with counseling for:
- Chronic Illness & Pain
- Drug & Alcohol Problems
- Marital Problems
- Parenting Concerns
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
To schedule an appointment, call 270-688-1547.
Owensboro Health provides the community with monthly health screenings at the Healthpark. The screenings offered may include:
- Cardiac Risk Assessment
- BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Hip/Waist Ratio
- Bone Density
- Carpal Tunnel
- Fall Risk Management
Health Promotion & Wellness offers on-site health programs and is willing to work with community organizations to develop specialty programming for the promotion of good health in the home and workplace. Owensboro Health provides a variety of programs to include:
- The Cooper/Clayton Start-To-Stop Smoking Program
- Think First national brain and spinal cord injury prevention program
- Infant and children car seat checks and installation
- Regional American Heart Association CPR Training Center
- LifeSpring Cancer Support Group
- Speaker’s bureau
- Monthly community health and wellness seminars
- Golden Partners senior programs, activities and travel
- Health fairs
For more information on Owensboro Health Wellness programs call the Healthpark at 270-688-4804.
For general questions call 270-688-1547.