The Healthpark health promotion team works every day to promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and to teach people ways to prevent disease. Our programs and services extend into the community. Here is a look at some of the things we do.
EAP Assistance & Counseling
Healthpark Special Health Clinic Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services are provided by Master’s prepared and licensed therapists for an individual, family, marital and group counseling. We provide the community with counseling for:
- Chronic Illness & Pain
- Drug & Alcohol Problems
- Marital Problems
- Parenting Concerns
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
To schedule an appointment, call 270-688-1547.
Owensboro Health provides the community with monthly health screenings at the Healthpark. The screenings offered may include:
- Cardiac Risk Assessment
- BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Hip/Waist Ratio
- Bone Density
- Carpal Tunnel
- Fall Risk Management
Health Promotion & Wellness offers on-site health programs and is willing to work with community organizations to develop specialty programming for the promotion of good health in the home and workplace. Owensboro Health provides a variety of programs to include:
- The Cooper/Clayton Start-To-Stop Smoking Program
- Think First national brain and spinal cord injury prevention program
- Infant and children car seat checks and installation
- Regional American Heart Association CPR Training Center
- LifeSpring Cancer Support Group
- Speaker’s bureau
- Monthly community health and wellness seminars
- Golden Partners senior programs, activities and travel
- Health fairs
For more information on Owensboro Health Wellness programs call the Healthpark at 270-688-4804.
For general questions call 270-688-LIFE (5433).