Healthpark Fitness Center Facility Guidelines and Capacity Restrictions
Beginning December 14, 2020 at 5 a.m.
Capacity limits will be maintained for physical distancing in specific areas of the Healthpark. Capacity limits are based on volumes and determined in reference to CDC guidelines, Medical Fitness Association standards and square footage allocations for each area.
- Fitness Floor – 60 person maximum, including walkers on track
- Therapy Pool – 12 person maximum
- Competition Pool – 2 person maximum per lane
- Group Exercise Classes (Aquatic and Land) – 12 person maximum
- Rogue Room – 8 person maximum
- Health Resource Classes – 10 person maximum per class, not including instructors
Visit time limit
The duration of your visit to the Healthpark will be limited to 90 minutes. It is our desire to accommodate as many members as possible during our available operating hours. The time limit will help maximize the number that can exercise on a given day. The visit parameters as well as capacity will be increased based on the Governor’s guidelines and Owensboro Health Medical Leadership advisement.
Any person entering the Healthpark must wear a mask, no exceptions. All members must use the main entrance. Temperature checks will be required and you will receive a color-coded tag that will be specific to the fitness floor, therapy pool or competition pool. Tags will be given out for a 90 minute period on a first-come, first-served basis as space is available.
Services currently available include:
- Group Exercise classes resume with capacity limits. Participants must wear masks at all times.
- Parisi Speed School will resume in person classes.
- Gymnasium – Basketball allowed for shooting only, no games. Full gym closed during pickle ball. Please see the gym schedule for details.
- Exercise is Medicine program
- Personal Training
- Massage Therapy
- Playpark – reservations required, will close for mid-day cleaning
- Rogue Room – limit eight
- Health Resource Classes will resume with a limit of 10 per class (not including instructors). Virtual options will be made available.
- High school swim teams will be able to resume practice based on KHSAA guidelines and capacity limits.
- Track – all lanes open
- Pickle ball (Single play only) – Tuesday & Thursday 5 – 7 a.m., Saturday 7 – 9 a.m.
- Swim lessons
- Family Times – Wednesday & Friday 5 – 7 p.m., Saturday & Sunday Noon – 4 p.m.
Extra cleaning will be required in order to keep our environment safe. We take pride in providing a clean space for you to continue your exercise program. We also need your help during your visit in order to achieve this goal. Please be sure to wipe down your equipment on the fitness floor before and after use. Fitness and housekeeping team members will also be cleaning surfaces and equipment throughout the day. Working together, we can provide a safe environment for all of our members and team members.
Masks must be worn at all times (including while exercising). A mask is not required while showering, brushing teeth, shaving and while in the water.