Healthpark Fitness Center Facility Guidelines and Capacity Restrictions
Beginning September 1, 2020
Capacity limits will be maintained for physical distancing in specific areas of the Healthpark. Capacity limits are based on volumes and determined in reference to CDC guidelines, Medical Fitness Association standards and square footage allocations for each area.
Visit time limit
The duration of your visit to the Healthpark will be limited to 90 minutes. It is our desire to accommodate as many members as possible during our available operating hours. The time limit will help maximize the number that can exercise on a given day. The visit parameters as well as capacity will be increased based on the Governor’s guidelines and Owensboro Health Medical Leadership advisement.
Any person entering the Healthpark must wear a mask, no exceptions. All members must use the main entrance. Temperature checks will be required and you will receive a color-coded tag that will be specific to the fitness floor, therapy pool or competition pool. Tags will be given out for a 90 minute period on a first-come, first-served basis as space is available.
Services currently available include:
- Group Exercise classes with limited capacity per studio, per class. Members can sign up at the front entrance 30 minutes before class time. Space will be given on a first come, first served basis.
- Parisi Speed School resumes
- Gymnasium – Basketball allowed for shooting only, no games. Full gym closed during pickle ball.
- Exercise is Medicine program
- Personal Training
- Massage Therapy
- Playpark – reservations required, will close for mid-day cleaning
- Rogue Room – limit six
- Track – all lanes open, walking only, no running
- Pickle ball – Tuesday & Thursday 5 – 7 a.m., Saturday 7 – 9 a.m.
- Swim lessons
- Family Times – Wednesday & Friday 5 – 7 p.m., Saturday & Sunday Noon – 4 p.m.
Extra cleaning will be required in order to keep our environment safe. We take pride in providing a clean space for you to continue your exercise program. We also need your help during your visit in order to achieve this goal. Please be sure to wipe down your equipment on the fitness floor before and after use. Fitness and housekeeping team members will also be cleaning surfaces and equipment throughout the day. Working together, we can provide a safe environment for all of our members and team members.
The CDC does not recommend that masks be worn during exercising. Therefore, Healthpark members will not be required to wear a mask while exercising. Masks are required in all common areas such as hallways, stairwells and lobby area. All Owensboro Health staff members are required to wear a mask in public areas and during member or patient interactions.