Visiting patients at Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital
To facilitate healing or serve as a patient advocate, Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital encourages patient visitation from loved ones or a support person. A patient has the right to receive or decline anyone of their choice.
Temporary visitor restrictions
Due to the World Health Organizations (WHO) declaring COVID-19 a worldwide Pandemic, we are enhancing our Patient Safety Policy effective immediately. See the current restrictions.
The information desk is located on the first floor at the entrance of the hospital. Volunteers staff the desk Monday through Friday.
- Medical/Surgical: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Long Term Care: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Critical Care: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Visiting hours may be extended per patient situation
- Pediatrics: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Visitors under the age of 12 must always be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian
- Young children must never be left unattended in the lobby or waiting area.
- Visitors may be asked to wait in family waiting areas to avoid interruption in care or during a critical care intervention.
- Visitors of patients with infectious diseases must communicate with the nursing staff to receive instructions while visiting.
- Visitors must remain in the immediate area/room of the patient they are visiting.
- Visitors after 8 p.m. must enter and exit through the Emergency Department entrance. Only one visitor per patient may stay overnight.
Parents are encouraged to visit and stay overnight with their child at any time. The child must have one caregiver in attendance at all times.
A patient may request a confidential status. A "Confidential" patient shall not appear on published patient rosters nor shared by staff with visitors either in person, by telephone, including media.
As leaders in healthcare, it is the duty of Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital to evaluate the health status of our communities and adopt and offer programs and services that address health issues as they are identified. For the health of our communities and in accordance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization standard, Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital is a smoke-free facility. Not only is smoking detrimental to the smoker, but to others who are subjected to the smoke.
Local newspapers are donated and distributed to the patient's rooms and waiting areas every Wednesday morning by the volunteers.
The hospital gift shop is located on the first floor by the front entrance. Operating hours are Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. A variety of cards, flowers and unique gift items are available.
Vending machines containing snacks, various food items and beverages are available 24 hours a day on the first floor of the hospital across from the ICU/Surgery waiting room.
Calling a patient's room
270-338-8 + room number
Family and friends may call a patient's room directly from outside the hospital by dialing 270-338-8 + room number. To allow for proper rest for our patients, the operator does not connect outside calls between the hours of 8 p.m. and 7 a.m. However, patients may place outgoing local calls at any time by dialing 9 + the phone number.
Long distance phone calls can be made by dialing the operator (O) for an outside line. Long distance phone calls must be charged to the individual's phone card or by placing the call collect.
Visitor parking is located in the front of the hospital, the Emergency Room parking lot and the side lot by the Emergency Room with white markings.
Family members and staff may obtain security escort to vehicles after hours. Contact the ER or unit desk for assistance.