Join us at 5:30 pm for our monthly Walk with a Doc series as part of the Healthpark's Thursday Night Walking & Running Club! This is a FREE event for members and non-members of the Healthpark.
Dr. Alexis is a native of Clarksville, Tenn. and earned his bachelor’s degree in biology at East Tennessee State University. He completed medical school at Lincoln Memorial University’s DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine. His internship and residency rotations were done at Methodist Hospital in Henderson. He sees patients at Owensboro Health Medical Group - Family Medicine (Owensboro Health Parrish Campus).
According to the American Heart Association, walking has the lowest dropout rate of any physical activity. Think it doesn’t do any good? Think again. Walking for as little as 30 minutes a day can have the following health benefits:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well-being
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes