Breastfeeding Friends is a free moms group designed to support you in the art of breastfeeding. The program, created in 2015, focuses on important issues, including breastfeeding technique, making enough milk, and how to support the health and wellness of your family. We are here to listen, to guide, and to celebrate the growth of your family and little ones.
Breastfeeding Friends meets the third Saturday of the month at 10:00 a.m. at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital.
A typical Breastfeeding Friends meeting includes:
• Casual discussion, q&a
• Guest speakers
• Activities to support bonding
• Free help & weight checks
Learn more at www.owensborohealth.org/breastfeedingfriends
2018 Breastfeeding Friends Schedule & Topics
- February 17: Loving Touch/Infant Massage
- March 17: Postpartum Depression
- April 21: Introducing Solid Foods
- May 19: Breastfeeding Challenges
- June 16: Tongue Tie
- July 21: The Importance of Sleep
- August 18: Nutrition for Mom
- September 15: Breasting & Family Relationships
- October 20: Back to work/Separation from Mom
- November 17: Increasing Milk Supply
- December 15: Mommy/Baby Yoga & Christmas Gift
Registration is appreciated but not required. Nursing babies, siblings, support people, and expectant families all welcome!
Discussion from 10am-11am, one-on-one assistance from 11am-12pm.