The American Lung Association's Freedom From Smoking® program is for individuals who are ready to quit smoking now. Because most people know that smoking is dangerous to their health, the program focuses almost exclusively on how to quit, not why to quit. If you're still wondering if you are truly ready to quit smoking, take the American Lung Association online quiz.
Free nicotine patches are given to those who complete all classes.
Monday, January 08
- Are you ready to quit smoking? Finding freedom from smoking.Benefits of quitting smoking.
Monday, January 15
- On the road to freedom. Lifestyle changes to support quitting smoking.
Monday, January 22
- Freedom From Smoking Quit plan Part 1. Support for and from others.
Monday, January, 29
- Quit Day! Symptoms of recovery. What to do when a craving comes.
Wednesday, January 31
- Winning strategies. What to do if you get off track. Quit plan Part 2.
Monday, February 5
- Stop smoking – control your weight. Tips for staying smoke-free.
Monday, February 12
- Staying off. Create your own plan for physical activity.
Monday, February 19
- Change is worth it! Celebrate!