Join us at 5:30 pm for our monthly Walk with a Doc series as part of the Healthpark's Thursday Night Walking & Running Club! This is a FREE event for members and non-members of the Healthpark.
Dr. John Walker is a board-certified family medicine physician with more than a decade of experience in medicine, including experience in hospital leadership and service at the Cleveland Clinic. He has previously served as Chief of Medicine, Medical Director of Acute Inpatient Care and Medical Director of Skilled Nursing Care at Lodi Community Hospital in Lodi, Ohio.
Dr. Walker sees patients at Owensboro Health Medical Group - Family Medicine (Owensboro Health Breckenridge Center).
According to the American Heart Association, walking has the lowest dropout rate of any physical activity. Think it doesn’t do any good? Think again. Walking for as little as 30 minutes a day can have the following health benefits:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well-being
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes
Learn more about the Healthpark's Walk with a Doc program at www.owensborohealth.org/walkwithadoc