Owensboro Health announces recipients of 2018 Community Health Investment grants
Owensboro Health announced its 2018 Community Health Grant Recipients on Tuesday, August 14, with more than 35 agencies receiving funding.
The Community Health Investment Grants represent the health system’s financial support for health, human services and arts project and agencies throughout the region. Funded projects and agencies being supported span a wide array of regional needs, from children in local school districts to aging adults and senior services.
The grants are targeted at a number of areas, especially the health system’s four priority focus areas: Tobacco and related diseases; older adults and aging; arts in healing; and children and school health. This year, the grants will support 37 agencies and their projects throughout the region, with a total of $669,632 in funds being distributed. This year’s amount means Owensboro Health has invested more than $6.1 million in area agencies since 2009.
Greg Strahan, Owensboro Health’s President and CEO, said these grants are aptly named.
“Owensboro Health exists to heal the sick and to improve the health of the communities we serve. These grants represent our commitment to both parts of that, but especially to the latter,” Strahan said. “We are investing these funds in projects and agencies that we see can make a positive, lasting difference in the overall health and well-being of our communities and the people who call them home.”
List of recipients and projects:
- Alma Randolph Charitable Foundation – Hands Up To Succeed (HUTS) Project
- Apollo High School Health and Physical Education Department – Apollo High CrossFit
- CASA of Ohio Valley – Trauma Ends Now
- Cliff Hagan Boys & Girls Club – Seed to Feed
- Community Dental Clinic – Sharing Smiles by Building Lifelong Healthy Dental Habits
- Father Bradley Shelter for Women and Children – Welcome Home
- Girls Incorporated of Owensboro Daviess County – Staying Environ-Mentally Strong
- Greater Owensboro Young Life – Lead Through Mentoring
- Green River District Health Department – Daviess County Community Access Project (DC-CAP)
- Green River District Health Department – Teen Outreach Program (TOP) Expansion Continuation 2018-2019
- Green River District Health Department – Quit Now Kentucky Medication Assistance Program
- Hancock County High School – LifeReady Students Project
- Helpsomeone Inc. (DBA: VolunteerOwensboro) – Volunteer Owensboro Capacity Building
- Henderson Young Life – The Left Turn Project
- Hopkins County Family YMCA –Rock Steady Boxing Program
- Hospice of Western Kentucky – Phase III - Palliative Care of Western Kentucky Education Drive
- Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame and Museum – ROMPFest 2019
- Lawrence & Augusta Hager Educational Foundation – Prepare 2 Prosper
- Daviess County Public Schools – Life Science Academy – Life Science Academy
- Light of Chance, Inc. – Breathe - Youth Arts Residency Program
- McLean County High School – McLean County Fit 4 Life
- Munday Activity Center, Inc. – Weekend Meal Project
- New Beginnings Sexual Assault Support Services – Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Training
- Owensboro Dance Theatre, Inc. – Dance for Wellness
- Owensboro Museum of Fine Art – Art & Food & Health: Let's Eat!
- Owensboro Museum of Science and History – Discover Owensboro - Discover the World and Healthy Owensboro Project (HOP)
- Owensboro Public Schools - Estes Elementary School – Building Lifelong Positive Social Emotional Skills at Estes
- Owensboro Regional Suicide Prevention Coalition, Inc. – Community, Business and Professional Awareness Campaign for Suicide Prevention
- Owensboro Symphony Orchestra, Inc. – Music "On Call"
- Puzzle Pieces – Project D.R.E.A.M. - Get Up and Move Program
- RiverPark Center – 2018-2019 Broadway Series and Pay What You Can Program
- Supplies Over Seas – Hospital Recycling Partner
- Susan G. Komen Evansville Tri-State – Saving Lives in Western Kentucky
- The Foundation for Excellence at Owensboro Public Schools – The Foundation for Excellence's Manikin Training Project
- The Salvation Army – Summer S.O.A.R. – School’s Out Activities and Recreation
- The Way of Rockport Indiana, Inc. – Healthier Lifestyles
- Theatre Workshop of Owensboro – Empress Theatre Renovation
- Town of Chrisney – Safe Routes to School and Park
- Tri-State Food Bank – Mobile Pantry