What is makeup of COVID-19?
The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code (mutation) and converts them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat.
What does that mean for your cleaning habits?
- Any soap or detergent is the best remedy because the foam cuts the fat by dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule then disperses and breaks down on its own.
- Rub for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam.
- Heat melts fat. Use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes or anything else. In addition, hot water makes more foam, which is even more effective.
- Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% dissolves any fat, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
- Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
- Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol or chlorine because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it could hurt your skin.
- No bactericide serves. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria. They cannot kill what is not alive with antibiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.
- Never shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates).