Breastfeeding Support and Help
Support makes all the difference! Our International Board Certified Lactation Consultants and Certified Lactation Counselors are here to help.
Connect with us
- Call 270-417-5338 anytime with questions or concerns
- Schedule a private one-on-one consultation
- Attend Breastfeeding Friends to connect with other new moms, and weigh your baby for free
- Follow our lactation team on Facebook for tips, tricks, and inspiration!
Breastfeeding Friends is a moms group designed to create community and offer free assistance and advice. We are here to listen, guide, and celebrate the growth of your family.
Breastfeeding Friends meets the third Saturday of the month at 10 a.m. at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital. We meet in the waiting area in the front lobby of the hospital, behind the row of elevators. One of our Lactation Consultants will meet you there and escort the group to a private meeting space. If you arrive late, please ask guest services for assistance. Nursing babies and siblings are welcome!
A typical Breastfeeding Friends meeting includes:
- Casual discussion, Q&A
- Guest speakers
- Activities to support bonding
- Free help & weight checks
Who is Breastfeeding Friends for?
Breastfeeding Friends is for breastfeeding mothers. We encourage mothers to attend before delivery for support and encouragement, and after delivery to share successes and challenges during their breastfeeding journey. We will discuss ways to bond with your baby and support health and wellness for your whole family.