Why Practice in Owensboro?
As a physician, you want a professional position that promises dedication to quality, advanced technology, excellence in medicine and commitment to professional growth.
In your off-hours, you want to relax in a community that offers a family-friendly lifestyle, excellent schools and plenty of cultural, recreational and entertainment activities. You’ll find the best of both of these worlds as a physician at Owensboro Health in Owensboro, Kentucky.
About Owensboro, Kentucky
Not only does Owensboro offer great career opportunities and a high-quality lifestyle, but we are the main hub of western Kentucky and a premier city in the Midwest. Owensboro and the surrounding region are known for a friendly atmosphere. Located on the southern banks of the Ohio River, Owensboro has a low crime rate and cost of living, a high quality of life and a wide variety of housing options.
As one of America's best places to live and work, Owensboro has much to offer, including:
- Ranked #1 in the WORLD - Smothers Park Riverfront playground, spray-park, Riverwalk, concessions, fountains, and live outdoor entertainment/music space
- $200 million invested in downtown revitalization has resulted in:
- Two new award-winning hotels, with a third under construction
- New convention center
- #1 ranked playground in the WORLD
- Numerous new restaurants, and unique shopping
- Opened in 2017 - $15M construction for the new International Bluegrass Museum and Music venue
- Enjoy the outdoors: gorgeous state parks, bike trails, a skate park, 15-mile Greenbelt walking/running/biking trail encircling the city, 5 golf courses, fishing, disc golf.
- Kentucky’s #1 Sportstown (Sports Illustrated): Owensboro Oilers baseball, year-round municipal ice area, host to numerous softball/baseball national tournaments, 4-field football complexes, 10-field soccer complexes, 5,000 seat indoor arena, numerous indoor gymnasiums, brand new tennis complex, Kentucky Motor Speedway