Surgical Specialists Provider John Falcone, MD Initiated Into American College Of Surgeons
Dr. John Falcone, of One Health Surgical Specialists, was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) at the College's annual Clinical Congress in Chicago on October 4th.
For physicians, being named a Fellow is an important achievement. According to the America College of Surgeons, in order to be considered, each applicant must have accomplished the following:
- Graduated from an approved medical school
- Completed training in one of the 14 surgical specialties recognized by the American College of Surgeons
- Possess certification by an American Surgical specialty board
- Been in practice for at least one year
- Demonstrate ethical fitness and professional proficiency
Approval by three-fourths of the Board of Regents is also required.
Dr. Falcone joined One Health Surgical Specialists in 2013 after completing his residency in general surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He currently serves as a general surgeon at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital and is the co-director of the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit.
“I need to stay up to date on the current nature of surgery, so I spend time reading journal articles and studies that have been done,” Dr. Falcone said. “If I don’t continually improve my knowledge base, I am going to fall behind. I don’t ever want to make antiquated decisions for my patients.”