Published on January 06, 2022
COVID-19 Update: Clinic closure, Boosters for 12-18 year olds
The COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital will close at 1 p.m. today due to inclement weather. Team members will contact those with appointments to reschedule.
Adolescents and teens ages 12 to 18 years old who received a COVID-19 vaccine should get a booster. They can get their booster at least 5 months after completing their primary vaccine series. Schedule an appointment today at OwensboroHealth.org/Vaccine.
COVID-19 By The Numbers
This graphic illustrates the number of patients in Owensboro Health hospitals as of 8 a.m. today that tested positive for COVID-19.
Numbers from the infographic are listed as live text below. (Updated as of January 6, 2022)
Totals of all Owensboro Health Hospitals:
- Critical Care: 18
- Intubated: 9
- Total Hospitalized: 56
- Peak: 85
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
- Critical Care: 13 unvaccinated, 2 vaccinated
- Intubated: 7 unvaccinated, 2 vaccinated
- Total Hospitalized: 42 unvaccinated, 8 vaccinated
- Peak: 69
Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital
- Critical Care: 1 unvaccinated, 1 vaccinated
- Intubated: None
- Total Hospitalized: 1 unvaccinated, 1 vaccinated
- Peak: 8
Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center
- Critical Care: 1 unvaccinated
- Intubated: None
- Total: 3 unvaccinated, 1 vaccinated
- Peak: 21
COVID-19 Patients by Age
- Under 20: 1 Hospitalized
- 20-29: 2 intubated in critical care, 1 hospitalized
- 30-39: 2 intubated in critical care, 2 hospitalized
- 40-49: 1 in critical care
- 50-59: 2 intubated in critical care, 2 in critical care, 8 hospitalized
- 60-69: 1 intubated in critical care, 5 in critical care, 13 hospitalized
- 70-79: 1 intubated in critical care, 7 hospitalized
- 80-89: 1 intubated in critical care, 5 hospitalized
- 90+: 1 in critical care, 1 hospitalized
About Owensboro Health
Owensboro Health is a nonprofit health system with a mission to heal the sick and to improve the health of the communities it serves in Kentucky and Indiana. The system includes Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, nationally recognized for design, architecture and engineering; Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital; Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center; the Owensboro Health Medical Group comprised of over 350 providers at more than 30 locations; three outpatient Healthplex facilities, a certified medical fitness facility, the Healthpark; a surgical weight loss center and program, and the Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center.
On average each year, we have more than 19,000 inpatient admissions, deliver 2,000 babies and provide the region’s only Level III NICU. Owensboro Health physicians perform nearly 33,000 surgical procedures, including nearly 150 open-heart surgeries. Our physicians and staff have 90,000 Emergency Department visits and more than 1.25 million outpatient visits annually. Visit our home page for more information.