InBalance Diabetes Education Program
The InBalance Diabetes Education Program at Owensboro Health includes a team of experts in the field. Our dietitians and nurses who provide diabetes education and support are all Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs).
Ask your healthcare provider for a referral to our program, which is recognized by the American Diabetes Association for meeting the diabetes national standards of care.
Diabetes education is covered by Medicare and most other health insurance plans.
At your appointment, you’ll get opportunities for both individual sessions and group classes with a Certified Diabetes Educator at the Owensboro Health Healthpark.
These sessions will include:
- An education plan tailored to your individual needs
- Guidance setting and achieving your health goals
- Help understanding how the foods you eat affect your blood sugar and planning healthy meals
- Instruction and tips for checking/ monitoring your blood sugar regularly
- Guidance on use of the wide variety of medications that have been prescribed you to help manage your diabetes
- Tips for increasing physical activity to meet your specific lifestyle needs
- Suggestions for problem solving skills that prepare you for unexpected events
- Recommendations on how to best manage and reduce the other health risks that can be associated with diabetes
- Ideas and support for coping with the physical and emotional needs that may accompany your diabetes
- Direction in optimal diabetes self-care