InBalance Diabetes Education Program
The Inbalance Diabetes Education Program is a comprehensive program designed to provide patients with the knowledge and skills to manage their diabetes successfully. The Inbalance team consists of registered nurses and dietitians who are specially trained as Certified Diabetes Educators.
The American Diabetes Association recognizes the program for meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education. Services are covered by most insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.
Each patient’s diabetes learning needs and interests will be assessed during their first visit. A blood glucose monitor and instruction on its use will be provided as needed. Patients may then be scheduled for individual appointments or group classes depending on their needs and the requirements of their insurance.
No matter your age or type of diabetes, you’ll benefit from one-on-one counseling and instruction through Owensboro Health’s InBalance Diabetes Education Program. Ask your doctor for a referral to this program, which is recognized by the American Diabetes Association for meeting national standards of care.
Information You Will Recieve From The InBalance Diabetes Education Program
- An education plan tailored to your needs and interests
- Guidance setting and achieving your health goals
- Help planning healthy meals
- Instruction on using your blood glucose monitor, injectable medications and an insulin pump
- Tips for increasing physical activity, reducing stress and controlling your blood glucose