Navin Rajagopalan, MD
Specializing in Cardiology
Affiliation: Owensboro Health
Navin Rajagopalan, MD, received his bachelor of science in chemistry and his medical degree from The Ohio State University. He completed his internal medicine residency training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, before pursuing a cardiovascular fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh. He obtained an additional year of training at the University of Pittsburgh in advanced heart failure and cardiac transplantation. Dr. Rajagopalan is board certified in cardiovascular medicine and advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology.
From 2009 to 2018, Dr. Rajagopalan served as the Director of Heart Failure and Medical Director of Heart Transplantation at the University of Kentucky. In 2018, he relocated to New Jersey where he was the Medical Director of Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center. He was recruited back to the University of Kentucky in 2020 to serve as the Director of the Gill Heart & Vascular Affiliate Network and the Associate Director of the Organ Failure and Transplant Network. His clinical and research interests include systolic heart failure, peripartum cardiomyopathy, and donor selection for heart transplantation.
Education & Training
- The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, Minn., Internal Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Cardiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Advanced Heart Failure