Published on August 09, 2021
COVID-19 Enhanced Patient Safety Measures
Effective August 9, 2021. Visitor restrictions at all Owensboro Health hospitals and outpatient facilities are subject to change at any time.
Visitor restrictions are in place to protect the patients, providers and staff of Owensboro Health during the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that these restrictions are difficult for patients and their families, however with the rise of COVID-19 infections in our region, the restrictions help limit exposure inside the facility and allow for a safer environment for everyone.
The following guidelines will be in effect until further notice.
- ONLY ONE VISITOR will be allowed per non-COVID patient.
- Everyone must pass a screening before entering our facilities.
- Masks are required to be worn over the mouth and nose at all times while in our facilities.
- Physical distancing standards must be maintained.
- Everyone is required to wash or sanitize their hands frequently.
- No one under the age of 18 will be permitted to visit.
- Approved visitors will receive an armband to identify them as such.
- Maternity Services will issue name badges to identify approved visitors.
- All patients and visitors must enter through the Emergency entrances at hospitals to be screened upon entry after hours:
- Clergy visitations will follow established guidelines/process
- Exceptions will be made for end-of-life care
- Transitional Care and Long-Term Care Units are following CMS guidelines.
- Outpatient Surgery is allowing one visitor per patient unless the patient is under age 18. Two support people are allowed for children.
- Visitors should maintain a distance from other parties while in the waiting room.
- Outpatient Testing, Therapies and Clinics are allowed one visitor per patient.
Maternity Services or Pediatric Unit visitor guidelines
- Two parents or caregivers of a child in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) are allowed as long as they are not symptomatic or have COVID-19.
- Two parents or caregivers of pediatric patients are allowed as long as they are not symptomatic or have COVID-19.
- Two support people (doulas are included as a support person) are allowed in Labor & Delivery or Mother Baby Units.
- Support person(s) must remain the same throughout the entire stay.
- No one under the age of 18 will be permitted.
About Owensboro Health
Owensboro Health is a nonprofit health system with a mission to heal the sick and to improve the health of the communities it serves in Kentucky and Indiana. The system includes Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, nationally recognized for design, architecture and engineering; Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital; Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center; the Owensboro Health Medical Group comprised of over 200 providers at more than 20 locations; three outpatient Healthplex facilities, a certified medical fitness facility, the Healthpark; a surgical weight loss center and program, and the Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center.
On average each year, we have 16,000 inpatient admissions, deliver 2,000 babies and provide the region’s only Level III NICU. Owensboro Health physicians perform nearly 24,000 surgical procedures, including nearly 200 open-heart surgeries. Our physicians and staff have 70,000 Emergency Department visits, more than a million outpatient visits annually. Visit our home page for more information.