COVID-19 Enhanced Patient Safety Measures
Effective June 14, 2021. Visitor restrictions are subject to change at any time.
Visitor restrictions are in place to protect the patients, providers and staff of Owensboro Health during the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that these restrictions are difficult for patients and their families, however the restrictions help limit exposure inside the facility and allow for a safer environment for everyone. In accordance with updates from the governor, the following guidelines will be in effect until further notice.
See the Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center visitation policy.
ONLY TWO VISITORS will be allowed per non-COVID patient
- Everyone must pass a screening before entering our facilities
- Masks are required at all times while in our facilities
- Physical distancing standards must be maintained
- Everyone is required to wash or sanitize their hands frequently
- No one under the age of 18 will be permitted to visit
- All patients and visitors must enter through Entrance A, Entrance B or the Emergency/Maternity Entrance (after hours) to be screened upon entry
- Approved visitors will receive an armband to identify them as such. Maternity Services will issue name badges to identify approved visitors.
- Entrance A & B will close from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The Emergency/Maternity Entrance will remain open
- Clergy visitations will follow established guidelines/process
- Exceptions will be made for end-of-life care
Transitional Care Units are allowing two visitors per patient*
*Based on CMS guidelines.
Outpatient Testing, Outpatient Surgery, Therapies and the clinics are allowed one visitor per patient.
Rehab Units are allowing two visitors per patient.
Maternity Services or Pediatric Unit visitor guidelines
- Two parents or caregivers of a child in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) are allowed as long as they are not symptomatic or have COVID-19.
- Two parents or caregivers of pediatric patients are allowed as long as they are not symptomatic or have COVID-19.
- Two support people (doulas are included as a support person) are allowed in Labor & Delivery or Mother Baby.
- Support person(s) must remain the same throughout the entire stay.
- No one under the age of 18 will be permitted.