Published on June 02, 2022
COVID-19 Enhanced Patient Safety Measures
Effective June 2, 2022.
Visitor restrictions at all Owensboro Health hospitals and outpatient facilities are subject to change at any time. Visitor restrictions are in place to protect the patients, providers and staff of Owensboro Health.
The following guidelines will be in effect until further notice.
- TWO VISITORS at a time will be allowed in a non-COVID patient's room. Two additional visitors may remain in the waiting area.
- Clergy visitations will follow established guidelines/process
- Exceptions will be made for end-of-life care
- The Critical Care Unit does not allow visitors ages 13 and under.
- Transitional Care and Long-Term Care Units are following CMS guidelines.
- Outpatient Surgery, Outpatient Testing, Therapies and Clinics allow two visitors per patient.
- Visitors should maintain a distance from other parties while in the waiting room.
- Masks are recommended if you meet any of the following:
- You are NOT vaccinated against COVID-19
- You are considered high-risk
- You are immunocompromised
- You are currently ill
Maternity Services or Pediatric Unit visitor guidelines
- Two support people (doulas are included as a support person) are allowed in Labor & Delivery or Mother Baby Units.
No one under the age of 18 will be permitted, except during sibling visiting hours from 2-6 p.m.
- Two parents or caregivers of a child in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) are allowed as long as they are not symptomatic or have COVID-19.
- Support person(s) must remain the same throughout the entire stay in NICU.
- Two parents or caregivers of pediatric patients are allowed as long as they are not symptomatic or have COVID-19.
About Owensboro Health
Owensboro Health is a nonprofit health system with a mission to heal the sick and to improve the health of the communities it serves in Kentucky and Indiana. The system includes Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, nationally recognized for design, architecture and engineering; Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital; Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center; the Owensboro Health Medical Group comprised of over 200 providers at more than 20 locations; three outpatient Healthplex facilities, a certified medical fitness facility, the Healthpark; a surgical weight loss center and program, and the Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center.
On average each year, we have 16,000 inpatient admissions, deliver 2,000 babies and provide the region’s only Level III NICU. Owensboro Health physicians perform nearly 24,000 surgical procedures, including nearly 200 open-heart surgeries. Our physicians and staff have 70,000 Emergency Department visits, more than a million outpatient visits annually. Visit our home page for more information.