Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center Renovation
On Monday, March 4, 2019 a renovation project began at the Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center. This project is expected to last approximately 14 months and will bring a number of improvements to the look, feel and function of the center. Read our news article to learn more about this decision.
This renovation is a demonstration of Owensboro Health’s commitment to heal the sick and to improve the health of the communities we serve. This is so we can continue to offer the national-quality cancer care, right here.
Photos from July 11
The process will result in significant improvements to the following:
- Dressing rooms.
- Facility equipment, including:
- Replacement of air handlers and electrical systems.
- New generator. (providing backup power requirements)
- New medical equipment. (limited in scope)
- New IT equipment.
- New furniture.
- Outpatient infusion clinic space.
- Owensboro Health Medical Group - Hematology & Oncology will move to a new space from the current space in Breckenridge Medical Building.
- Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center Pharmacy: a specially equipped space where cancer drugs are formulated/mixed.
- Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center Lobby and other waiting rooms will implement changes to their interior design to improve wayfinding and patient comfort.
- Phase 1 demolition: Began March 4
- Second floor, phase 1 (buildout): April 2019
- Phase 2 demolition: November 2019
- Second floor, phase 2 (buildout): Late November 2019
- First floor: As possible during work on second floor
Architectural Renderings of New Spaces
First floor lobby
Second floor Infusion Waiting area
Second-floor Infusion Community area
Second-floor clinic waiting area