Community Wellness & Education at the Owensboro Health Healthpark can help you successfully manage diabetes or make it less likely you’ll develop the condition. Through education and support from caring diabetes professionals, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills you need to live healthier.
See our Support groups page to find the Diabetes support group schedule.
Diabetes Education Services
- Blood Glucose Monitor Instruction
- Certified Insulin Pump Training
- Gestational Diabetes Education
- Individualized Meal Planning
- Pre-Diabetes Education
- Training on Injectable Diabetes Medications
- Self-Care Education Including:
- Increasing Physical Activity
- Managing Blood Glucose
- Preventing Long-Term Complications
- Changing Behavior and Managing Stress
Learn more about our diabetes programs and classes.
On Target Thursday hosts: Melissa Gaither, CDE, MLDE, RDN, LD and Shelby Shelby, RDN, LD
On Target Thursdays
On Target Thursdays is a video series dedicated to providing reliable and practical techniques for managing your diabetes. Tune in on the Healthpark Facebook page every Thursday for recipes, exercise tips, and education on how to prevent the complications of diabetes.