Published on May 07, 2020
Brown Rice Edamame Salad
- 1.5 cups frozen edamame (shelled, thawed and dried)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- In a small bowl, combine raisins, lime juice and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 6 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add in ginger, curry, salt and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add the raisin mixture and mix.
- Add the cooked rice, edamame, cilantro and onion mixture together in a large bowl. Mix gently and serve at room temperature.
Serving size for 1 cup
Calories: 185; Total fat: 5g; Saturated fat: 0.5g; Sodium: 200mg; Carbohydrate: 30g; Dietary fiber: 5g; Protein: 7g; Potassium: 350mg; Phosphorus: 150mg