Nutrition & Weight Management
Enjoy better health with nutrition counseling and weight management services from Owensboro Health. At the Healthpark, our team of registered dietitians is here to help you set and achieve your nutrition, weight and health goals.
You’ll get the opportunity to sit down, one-on-one, with one of our dietitians who will provide you with personalized nutrition guidance for yourself or a loved one of any age—including infants.
Who Can Benefit from Nutrition Counseling?
Whether you want to completely overhaul your eating style, fine-tune your food choices, manage a medical condition or just get tips and inspiration for healthier eating, nutrition counseling from a registered dietitian can help you get started in the right direction.
The following are just a few of the many conditions that the Owensboro Health Healthpark’s dietitians can help you with.
- Obesity, overweight or underweight
- Heart disease
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Irritable bowel, celiac disease or other gastro-intestinal disorders
- High blood pressure
- Failure to Thrive
- Tube feedings
- Tips on sports nutrition or training for an athletic event
- Help with meal planning
Ask your Primary Care Provider for a referral to nutrition counseling. Some insurance plans will cover nutrition counseling.
Referral is required for nutrition counseling. For more information or to make an appointment with one of our registered dietitians, please call 270-688-4804.
Eating Well Columns
Who knew eating healthy could be so fun and tasty? In her weekly column, Eating Well - Beth Cecil shares meal tips and ideas that are both delicious and nutritious!
- Are You Good To Your Heart?
- Take A Monthly Step To Keep Resolutions
- The Surprisingly Versatile Eggplant
- Portion sizes can be deceptive
- When the foods you love don't love you back
- National Nutrition Month is a good time to evaluate your eating habits
- Don't spurn those spuds
- Get your diet ironed out
- Top 10 best eating practices
- The dish on your favorite holiday appetizers
- Okra is a great pick
- Creative summer snacking
- Guys! Get your health in gear during National Men's Health Month
- Conscious choices add up in weight management
- Fun with recipes
- Your parents were right about carrots
- Holy mackerel! Fish is good for you!
- You CAN enjoy (some) guilt-free holiday chocolate!
- Navigating the holidays
- Donuts in your cart
- Trick-or-treating and the calorie count
- Keeping food safe when the power goes out
- Potassium makes a big difference to your health
- Why your cholesterol numbers matter
- Small steps can make a big difference!
- Don't write off starchy vegetables
- Why are veggies so good for us? The answer may surprise you
- It is possible to maintain your weight loss
- Adding fiber to your diet is worth the effort
- Don't underestimate the amazing eggplant!
- Blueberries: Delicious, easy-to-eat, and good for you!