Brussel Sprouts with Oranges
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small or 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Zest the orange. Peel and section the orange, cutting each section in half, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onions, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until slightly browned. Remove onions with slotted spoon, set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and then add the sprouts. Sauté the sprouts for 10-15 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Add the orange sections, orange zest and onions and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, top with walnuts.
Serves: 12 (Amount per 1/2 cup serving),
Calories: 80, Fat: 4g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 3g