Chili-lime Salad Dressing
- Zest and juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons juice and 3 teaspoons zest)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil**
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a jaw with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well-combined.
- Refrigerate and let flavors blend for at least 30 minutes, preferably two hours, before serving.
*If using low-sodium soy sauce, check for seasoning and add more salt to taste.
**Other mild-flavored oils (such as avocado) can be substituted in place of olive oil.
Makes 1 cup (8 servings)