Easy Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (add up to 1 tbsp olive oil if needed for browning)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tsps chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups yellow pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- In a large, oven safe skillet, brown turkey and onions on medium heat. Add garlic and chili powder near end of browning.
- Once browned, add yellow pepper and cook 3 minutes until softened.
- Next, stir in diced sweet potatoes. Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Tip: add 1-2 Tbsp of water to the skillet if skillet becomes dry.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place skillet under broiler for 1-2 minutes to melt and brown the cheese
- Serve warm.
Nutrition facts: 268 calories, 11 g total fat, 5 g saturated fat, 88 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 19 g total carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 3 g sugar, 28 g protein.