Instant Pot® Chicken and Brown Rice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups baby carrots (about 24)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream chicken soup, low sodium
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Push “saute” on the Instant Pot. When pot says HOT, add oil to the pot and saute the onions for 3 minutes. Then press “cancel” to turn the saute setting to off.
- Mix veggies, garlic, rice and broth into the pot. Place the chicken on top, sprinkle with pepper, then cover with cream of chicken soup and Worcestershire sauce. Top with 8-10 small sprigs of thyme.
- Seal the Instant Pot, close the vent and press “manual.” Use the “pressure” button to toggle to high pressure. Set time for 25 minutes (20 minutes if using white rice). After 10 seconds, the pot should register that it has begun the pressurizing process.
- Once the pot is done cooking, open the vent (keep your hand out of the path of the steam) to quick release the pressure. This should take about 2 minutes. Once the pressure has released completely, the pot is safe to open.
- Remove the thyme sprigs. Stir the pot to shred the chicken and mix in any extra liquid. Serve warm.
Nutritional information: (Amount per serving) Serves: 8, Calories: 364 Fat: 7g, Fiber: 3g, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 27g, Sodium: 447mg