One-pan Balsamic Chicken Veggie Bake
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders or thighs
- 1/3 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into small pieces (about 4 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced thin or cut into skinny sticks (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken in sealable plastic bag with about 1/3-cup of the sauce. Seal the bag, shake and place in the refrigerator to marinate.
- Place veggies, except the tomatoes, in another bag and pour remaining sauce in bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat thoroughly. Pour veggies and chicken onto sheet pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then add the tomatoes. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165.
Nutritional information: (Amount per serving) Serves: 6, Calories: 300, Fat: 17g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Sodium: 248mg, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 25g