Make-ahead Red, White, and Green Breakfast Quesadillas
- 1 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- ½ onion (finely diced)
- 2 tsp oil - 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups spinach leaves (chop if desired)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Sautee red bell pepper and onions in 2 tsp oil until soft.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together and add to softened pepper and onion in the skillet.
- Scramble eggs until almost cooked through. Then add spinach and feta. Cook until eggs are done and spinach is wilting. Remove from heat.
- Take tortilla and add small helping of egg mixture to half. Top with small helping of mozzarella cheese. Then fold tortilla in half to form quesadilla. Do this for all 8 tortillas.
- Toast both sides of the quesadilla in a heated skillet until egg mixture is warm and mozzarella cheese is melted, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately or freeze. To freeze: wrap cooled quesadilla in plastic wrap and store in freezer-safe bag or container. Eat within 1 month for best quality. To reheat from freezer: reheat quesadilla in microwave for 30-60 seconds. For added crisp, toast in heated skillet after warming.
Serves: 8, 1 quesadilla= 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: 277 calories, 13 g total fat, 5 g saturated fat, 156 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 183 mg potassium, 26 g total carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 15 g protein