Rustic Fresh Blueberry Tart
Download and print the recipe card
- Refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 quart fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- Unbleached all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 of a 17.3 oz. package), thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the berries in a bowl. Stir in the cornstarch, lemon zest and sugar substitute, making sure that all berries are well coated.
- On a lightly floured board, roll the puff pastry to a 12 x 14-inch rectangle. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mound the berries on the pastry, leaving a 1 ½ inch border. Fold in the four corners. Using wet fingers, bring up the border of the dough over the edge of the berries, pleating as you go to form a rustic free-form oval or rectangle. Sprinkle the berries with lemon juice.
- Generously coat the top of the tart with cooking spray and bake 40-45 minutes until the berries are cooked and the pastry is golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of light whipped topping, if desired.
Nutritional information: (Amount per serving) Serves: 12, Calories: 140, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 70mg, Potassium: 40mg