Slow Cooker Sausage Apple Dressing
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casing removed, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 pound stale whole grain bread, cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Add onion, celery and sausage to skillet. Cook until onion and celery are soft and sausage is cooked. Add poultry seasoning, pepper and salt.
- Transfer to a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Add bread, apple and broth. Stir to coat well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
Serves: 16 (Amount per 1/2 cup serving)
Calories: 120, Fat: 3g, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 3g, Sodium: 240mg